Firefighters extinguish kitchen fire in Belconnen
Firefighters have extinguished a structure fire in Belconnen this afternoon.
At approximately 4.45pm ACT Fire and Rescue responded to reports of a fire in a kitchen on Purdue Street.
Firefighters quickly contained the fire to the kitchen and exhaust system.
The Bronto was brought in to check for hot spots and assist with water supply to cool the top half of the exhaust vent.
The area was declared safe just before 6pm with owners allowed to return to their buildings.
There were no reports of any injuries.